Sunday, November 23, 2008

We received an email from Christa on Wednesday this week. Here are a few excerpts. She finally received mail this week. Keep writing! She loves it.

"So I had a pretty interesting experience in the cafeteria the other morning. I grabbed a mandarin to go along with my yogurt and eggs for breakfast. I think you can guess where this is headed. One side of the orange was pretty soft, but it was FRUIT so I took it! I only ate the side of the orange that was firm. I finished my breakfast and was looking down at my plate when I noticed a tiny worm crawling around. So I go, "sick! Where did that come from?" And then my gaze met the rest of my mandarin on my plate. i used my fork to roll it over and saw TONS of tiny worms crawling around!! Thats right. So now I would like to hold out hope and think the worms only infiltrated half my orange, but I think we all know the keele familys luck isnt that good.

Proselyting was ok this week. I had a bit more culture shock. We hiked up the side of the mountain to tract and I felt like I was literally in one of those "save the children" commercials where if you donate .10 a day you can sponsor a child. So sad. But it was a good day too. It turns out that lady that ran up to me in the street last week ended up going back to church so that was exciting.

Anyway, we went to the zoo today for an outing!! It was a pretty trashy zoo, but it was fun getting out. We were supposed to see some ruins, but instead we went to pizza hut. Apparently the Grobergs had a wedding to get back for and didnt have time to take us to do everything. The pizza was much needed though so I guess I cant complain.

Good news! I got real mail this week! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I got the food package and have been hoarding it. People get suspicious when they smell peanut butter on my breath (thats a hot commodity around here) but I change the subject and they forget about it. So thank you!"

No comments: