Sunday, January 24, 2010

16 November 2009

Hey Hey Fam,
So after a week in puno Im still surviving. I actually really like puno. Its no tacna, but I like it. My companion and I had to speak in church yesterday, lead the music, give the relief society lesson and help in a workshop for visiting teachers!! It was a busy day, but I like our wards.

So I found out this week that even though Im within spitting distance of the lake I'll never get to go to the floating islands. Theres one set of elders assigned to the floating islands, our district leader and his companion. Nobody else is allowed to go out there. Except the zone leaders. So pretty much the sisters are the only ones that will never get to see the floating islands. What a rip off. Oh well, I like my area too. I also like our pension. It’s a little rustic, but good. I walked into the kitchen the other day and 3 pigeons came flying at me. Apparently theyre the pets of the family…

My companion is great. I really like her a lot. Shes the only bolivian in the mission. Shes from cochabamba. Today is her birthday actually. I had our pensionista buy balloons for me and decorated the room while she was sleeping. Luckily shes a sound sleeper.

Oh, about Christmas. Im not sure if you’ve already sent things, but I was thinking maybe a little money and a few simple things like pens, candy, cheap ctr rings, pictures of jesus, drink mixes, etc. I think itd be more trouble than its worth to send clothes or shoes or things people can buy here. As for me, I don’t want anything, just maybe some more makeup. Oh, and nylons. Im never wearing nylons EVER again after the mission by the by. Oh, Im going to take some money out of my account today so if you see that Ive taken it out don’t worry, its me. It’s a little bit more than usual that Im going to take out, but don’t worry. It’s a long story, but its going towards a really, really, really good cause and Ill tell you more about it at Christmas. Oh and by the way, about the Christmas packages the elders warned us about 100 times that we cant receive packages that are worth more than 100 dollars so send cheap stuff!!

Anyway, I have to go, but I love you and miss you all. My companion has to go to Lima this week for some paperwork and I have to look for somebody to be with me for 2 days while shes gone! Talk to you soon! Be careful! Love,Christa

PS, Em, you will be SO proud, I met a dog that I like this week! His name is moofy, and I don’t know what has happened to me, but I love this dog. I think I need help. Talk to you soon!!

No comments: